Sunday, August 22, 2010

We Kick Some Serious Brass!!!

So band camp's over.  It was fun, and we got so much accomplished.  I'm very proud of the incoming freshmen.  It looks like it will be a fantastic year all around.  I mean, we can play the music.  We are getting the drill down.  And we can even march and play at the same time.  I'm excited to finally have a day off though.  I am sore and exhausted.  I gotta say, marching band is tough work, especially when we go for twelve hours out of the day for a week.  The hard part's over now though.


Yesterday was a blast!  We had our barbeque along with the anual Pride games.  The Pride games are just some fun silly games we do at the end of our band camp week.  This year we did the human knot, a relay, a pie eating contest, and a water balloon toss.  I participated in the human knot and water balloon toss.  The teams were our sections, and guess who won?  The low brass, baby!!!  We pretty much dominated on every event.  I didn't do so well on the water balloon toss though.  I must have caught the balloon too hard because it poped and I got soaked.


The pie eating contest was a mess.  People who weren't part of the contest  were whipping pies and pudding around like crazy.  It got everywhere.  It wasn't as crazy as last year though.  Last year a lot of pudding got all over our director's car.  We all helped wash it off though.  Anyway, low brass one that contest too.  After it was over people were running around trying to cover each other in pudding.  Then we had to clean up before the water balloon contenst.  After that was over we took the left over water balloons and ranr around throwing them everywhere.  I tried to throw one at Kelsey, but missed.  Ritter got her back for me.  After the balloons were gone, people started shaking up pop cans and spraying those everywhere.  I stayed out of the way.  Pop is too sticky, but Robb and Matt dumped an entire can on their own head.  It was pretty funny to watch.


Even though this past week has been so much fun, I'm excited to take a break.  Today I plan to catch up on my laundry, memorize some of my music, and take Penny for a walk.  All this week I've been too exhausted to walk her.  I bet she'll really be excited for her walk tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment