Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Creative Juices


1-29-09
I have taken five showers and one bath in the past two days, and still nothing.  All I got from that was dry skin.  As mentioned earlier, I do my best thinking in the shower, and I was really counting on that to get through my next two poems for class.  The poems are due tomorrow, or today rather since it’s after midnight.  I’ve got ideas swirling around in my brain, but nothing I would consider poetic or even solid.  I have no idea what I mean by solid.  I figured blogging might give me some inspiration… not yet at least.  Maybe I have been using my left brain too much.  That’s funny.  Me use logic and organization?  The only time I’m anywhere near organized is when my OCD kicks in.
I know that my creative writing class is a class and everything, but I can’t just squeeze out the creative juices whenever I need to.  It’s even harder when the stress of a deadline is put on me, which is why I could never make it as a writer in the real world.  Most of my poems just come to me when I least expect it.  A lot of the times I’ll wake up in the middle of the night and scribble something down in my journal.  The next morning it’s barely legible, but it’s pretty decent stuff.  That or I think of stuff while shampooing my hair, hence the five showers.
So, what to do?  What to do?  I need to get some inspiration from somewhere.  It doesn’t have to be good; it just has to be something.  After all, it’s only peer review.  I think I’m going to go for a quick run.  That might help get the juices flowing.  Should I bring the ipod or not?  In the movie Bride Wars, it’s said that ipods are for those who can’t deal with their own thoughts.  But music inspires me… better bring it.  Honestly, who goes running at one thirty in the morning?  I’m weird.  Also, I only run in the winter.  Rarely do I go in the summer.  I like the way the cold air feels in my lungs.  Is that bad for your health?  It’s not that cold out anyway.  Well, if this doesn’t work I’ll have to wake up tomorrow and plop something down onto paper for class.  I can always revise it later.  Does it count as revision if it’s a completely different poem?  Probably not.




No comments:

Post a Comment