Wednesday, August 18, 2010

BAND CAMP!!!

Band camp has finally arrived, but now that is has I'm exhausted.  I've been waiting all summer for the marching band season to start.  Call me a geek if you want, but it gives me something to do besides working, eating, and sleeping.  It's something to look foreward to, and there's lots of new poeple to meet.



I think this is going to be a great year.  Robb is doing a great job at leading the section and explaining the things we're supposed to be learning.  I haven't really had much of a chance to hear the freshmen play, but I hope they're good.  We have a really hard piece to tackle for our first show.  I hope we have the dedication it will take to pull it off.



I love the people of the marching band.  I miss a bunch of the senoirs from last year that are now gone, but it's like that summer break wasn't even there.  We're all talking and joking as much as ever.  The "your mom" and "that's what she said" jokes are flying around left and right.  The low brass section is big on those.



It's only the first half of the second day and I'm already exhausted.  My feet hurt from marching.  My arms hurt from holding up an imaginary instrument for marching fundamentals, and my shoulder hurts from the weight of my sousaphone.  I can't wait until my usual knot forms and it doesn't hurt anymore.  I'll look like I have a hump, but there won't be anymore pain.  I swear, I've never been this sore for band camp in my entire life.



So most of the usual marching gang is back together with a few new faces.  I can't wait for the first home football game so we can show off our skills while cheering on the team.  I can't wait to play Fight on Sioux while we wait for the kick off.  I can't wait to play the school song the first time we score.  And I especially can't wait to do the dance to the cowbell cadence.  I hope it'll be a great year.

No comments:

Post a Comment