Wednesday, August 11, 2010

UNDERPANTS!!!


2-17-09
Some of the best memories I have are just hanging around with my friends, who are some of the craziest, most amazing people I’ve ever met.  We’ve had many adventures together.  There are moments when I could die laughing.  One time at the park at night, my friend Mykel decided to be a camera whore.  This was way back when I used take my video camera with me everywhere I went.  Anyway, Mykel loves attention.  He pulled his pants down to show the camera the Nightmare Before Christmas boxers I gave him.  The temperature was probably about two degrees outside.  I’m just thankful it was late at night so that no children saw or anything.
My favorite memory, however, goes back to my sophomore year of high school.  Mykel, my friend Stacie, and I were all hanging out at Mykel’s house.  His mom and brother were gone, and we were bored out of our minds.  What’s there to do when you’re bored at that age?  Well, you could make out, get drunk- which we never really did- or play truth or dare.
We decided on playing truth or dare, which was sort of a waste of time to be honest.  My friends and I are so close to each other and so open that the truth option never surprised anyone.  Everyone picked dare.  I was running out of ideas for good dares for Mykel, so I told him to go out on the balcony and do the chicken dance in nothing but his underwear.  That dare had been used so often for us.  He took off his cloths and headed out onto his deck.  It was winter this time as well.  He went out onto the deck, and just I was going to lock the balcony door so he couldn’t get back in again, his mom walked in the front door.
Stacie’s eyes got really wide and she looked at me, "His mom’s home."  I started laughing, threw open the deck door, and yelled at Mykel to get inside.  He flew in the balcony door and started rushing to put his cloths back on.  He managed to get his shirt on, but I guess haste makes waste.  When he was starting to get his pants on, his foot got caught.  He kept trying to push his leg through, but it just wouldn’t go.  I had fallen over laughing by this time.  Stacie was trying hard not to laugh.  That’s the time that Mykel’s mom and brother had entered the living room.  She paused and looked at us- Mykel frantically trying to put on his pants, me laughing on the floor, and Stacie with a surprised trying not to laugh face.  After taking everything in, she gave a small half smile and shook her head.  Then she headed into the next room.  She never did ask what we were doing.  If I were a mom, I’d have to ask.  My son half naked with two girls in the room?  I wouldn’t know what to think.  I’d probably laugh though.  Mykel relaxed and got his pants on, and the three of us laughed about it for maybe five minutes.
That’s my favorite memory just because it brings me back to moments when I was truly happy and carefree.  Now, I’m always so stressed and I worry about everything.  Also, it reminds me of the great times I’ve spent with my friends, and the great friendships we have.  Right now Mykel’s in Texas.  I think he’ll be coming back some time in April, but I really miss him.  He’s been my best friend since eighth grade, and to be perfectly honest there’s something more than friendship there.  I can’t wait for him to come back.  Thank god for all my friends.  They’ve kept me sane over the years.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment