Thursday, August 12, 2010

Running Away to Live in my Garage


7-23-10
I "ran away" from home once when I when I lived with my mom.  I think I was six or so.  My mom and I had not gotten into a huge fight or anything.  In fact, she wasn’t even home.  My cousin Matt was babysitting.  I just got the idea into my head that I was going to move out and live in the garage.  Now, most people wouldn’t consider this running away, but I did.  My mom’s garage is a good deal away from the apartment building.  I must have gotten the idea from Rugrats or some other television show.
I had some combination of Jake, Jade, and Wyatt to help me.  I’m not sure exactly who it was, but it must have been one of those three.  They were always doing crazy stuff like that with me.  Anyway, I had them help move everything from my room into the garage… and I mean everything!  My cloths, my dolls, my dresser, my huge toybox… I even was going to move my bed.
Apparently Matt was freaking out.  This is why guys shouldn’t be babysitters… just kidding.  Anyway, he didn’t know what to do.  But as I remember he didn’t say much to me about it at all.  He didn’t tell me I couldn’t move into the garage, so I figured it was okay.  Anyway, he called my aunt Nancy.  When she came over boy was she mad.  I was in the process of moving my dresser down the steps of our apartment building and I ran into.  She gave me one of the scariest looks and said, "Get back upstairs right now."  So then I had to move everything back up the steps.  I guess it’s a good thing I never got my bed out there.  That would have been a pain to move all the way into my garage, and then have to drag it all the way back.
I can’t remember if my mom was mad or not.  Probably not.  I did a lot of weird things like that when I was little.  My mom just laughed at most of them.  If Matt had told me not to do it, I probably would’ve stopped.  Well first I might have asked why and threw a fit, but I would’ve stopped.  My rebellious stage didn’t hit until puberty.  So yeah, that’s the only time I’ve ever ran away.  If you can even call it that.  I called it that when I was six.  There have been times I’ve stormed out after a fight with my mom or snuck out late at night, but that was never with the intention of leaving for good.

1 comment:

  1. I think you are forgetting another time you ran away. At least I consider it running away. You ran away with Kelsey and Kailin, about a mile away. But just keep in mind you can always run back any time.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete