Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Addicted


5-17-09
If I had a nickel for every school year, every assignment, every task that I had to do that I procrastinated on and then said I was never going to put off something for that long again, I’d be rich.  The main problem, I think, is that my procrastination has not landed me into trouble yet.  I always manage to get things done, and so far I haven’t got a bad grade on anything.  But then again, I think about my personality and don’t think it’s ever really going to change.
The problem is I spend too much time doing other things.  For one, I spend far too much time on the internet.  Then there’s the amount of time I spend on music- tuba or guitar.  I walk the puppy dog or I’ll take him too the park.  And of course… the big one.  I spend too much time with my friends.  I think that I have a problem.  I think I’m addicted to all of these things.  Obviously I don’t need these things for my body to function or anything, but still.  If I go too long without making music or seeing the puppy dog, I get really upset.  My guitar relaxes me.  I love the amount of concentration that goes into learning a new piece.  And Blitzen just cheers me up, no matter how bad of a mood I’m in.  The internet is just because at the moment, it is my main source of writing.  There’s this blog and also the story I’m creating with Kelsey.  I really should come up with a few more stories ideas.  With I’m friends, I’m just a social person and like being around people.
So, what do I do?  I’ll explode without my guitar, become depressed without the Blitzman, be a hermit without my friends, and without the internet well… probably less of a zombie.  What I need, obviously, is a sense of balance.  I’ve never been good at that.  So, in the fall no more procrastinating… but then again if I had a nickel…

No comments:

Post a Comment