Thursday, August 12, 2010

Basil


5-5-10
I got a new mouse the other day.  That’s because Twink died.  It was pretty sad and I’ll admit that I cried.  He was my first pet… well besides fish I guess.  Kailin was my hero she dug him out of the cage for me.  Anyway, my new mouse is pretty cute.  I named him Basil after Basil of Baker Street from Disney’s The Great Mouse Detective.  It was one of my favorite as a kid.
He’s little.  Okay, I know he’s a mouse, but he’s little for a mouse.  He’s really quick too.  He runs back and forth from one end of his cage to the other so fast.  I’m afraid he’s going to get out or something.  I keep checking to make sure he’s there.  Of course, I did that with Twink too.  Basil’s either black or really dark brown.  He’s a whole lot harder to see in his cage than Twink was.
I’m giving him some space for the next few days so he can get used to his new habitat.  He seems alright with it.  He knows how to get through the tunnel up to the top part of his cage.  He knows where his food and water is.  I think he’s adjusting alright.  I gave him a treat the other day and he took it from my hand.  It took Twink forever to do that.  I haven’t tried to pick him up yet.  I figure I’ll give him a little more time to get used to me.  He did let me pet him once though.

No comments:

Post a Comment