Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tuesdays with Morrie


9-1-09
In my humanities class, we are reading Tuesdays with Morrie.  Jen said that we’d either hate the book or love the book, but I don’t know.  I’m not a person who will choose to read a memoir.  I’ll write them… but not read them.  I do like the message and Morrie’s thoughts about life, love, family, and friends, but to me that all just seems like common sense.  I guess that’s just because I think with my heart more than my head.
I’m not too involved with my family.  I mean, there’s my mom, whom I love.  I wouldn’t be the person I am without her, and I love bonding with her and spending time with her, but that’s about it.  I hate family reunions.  All they are is just a bunch of old people who have know you since you were "only about that high," but you have no idea who they are.  I think the problem is that I think differently then the rest of my family, and I’m also the only one in my age bracket.  But none of that means that I don’t love my family or that I wouldn’t be there for me if I needed them.
Friends are very important to me.  I get close to my friends, and I can share anything with them.  No one understands me the way that my friends do… maybe my mother, but I can’t tell her everything that goes on in my life.  I don’t think she’d appriciate a lot of it very much.
We were asked to answer the question, "what do you think is life’s greatest lesson?"  I think that it’s to just relax a little bit, take life slow, and enjoy everything about it.  Go out with friends and have a good time, but I think it’s also about getting to know people.  And I mean really getting to know people and getting close to them.  Most importantly though, I think the greatest lesson in life is simply to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment