Thursday, August 12, 2010

Quilting


4-8-10
Wow!  It’s been a long time since my last blog.  Let’s see what to write about… Quilting.  There’s an idea.  I am making these two baby quilts for my friend Sarah and her sister Becky.  They are adorable.  The one for Sarah is has pink, purple, yellow, and white squares.  The back is white fabric with purply pink elephants on it.  The one for Becky is has blue, green, yellow, and white squares.  The back is blue with dogs on it.  Obviously Sarah is having a girl and Becky is having a boy.  The blankets are very sexist.
It’s not my first set of quilts.  The first quilt I ever made was red and black.  I woke up one morning and thought, I want to make a quilt that looks like a checker board.  And then I did.  I think I’ve even played checkers on it a few times.  And then from there I’ve made a few rag quilts for people for Christams.  Those are by far my favorite to make.  My favorite quilt ever though is The Quilt I made with Kelsey, Kayla, and Kailin.  It’s huge too.  It fills up my mom’s entire living room.  We used all our favorite colors- pink, green, blue, and purple.  There’s a bunch of white mixed in there too that we write on with fabric marker from time to time- quotes we’ve said or just notes to each other.  We share it.  Each person gets it for one month at a time.
I think quilting is a hobby I could really get into.  I need some form of outlet for my creativity.  Something to take up time now that I’m out of school.  Of course, it is an expensive hobby.  I do like making them though.  I want to make this one quilt out of fleece.  I’ll make it rag quilt style.  Obviously it won’t look the same way flannel does but then I don’t have to put a back on it.  Anyway, I’ll make it with all the major league baseball teams.  Too bad liscened fabric is so expensive.  At least it will be a creative outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment