Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Nineteen Years


5-23-09
I am nineteen years old today.  Scary to think that I’ve been an adult for one whole year now.  I don’t like to think about that.  A year ago, I wasn’t very happy to turn eighteen.  I think it’s because I read/watched Peter Pan one to many times as a kid.  Now, I like the fact that I’m getting older… wonder how long that will last.  Anyway, hopefully I’ll be moving out soon and into an apartment with two of the bulbs.  I’m a little nervous about moving in with two of my best friends, but I think we’ll manage.  Kelsey and I are already together all the time anyway.
I’m looking forward to my party, or gathering rather, tonight.  There will be friends and food, which reminds me I still have to go buy chips.  Hopefully we’ll get to play some Wii in there.  My friend Mallory introduced me to Wii tennis, and I think I got addicted.  After we’ve hung out for a while, we’ll go see the Wolverine movie… I’m such a geek.  I love Marvel comics.  Also, this year most of my presents are of the "geeky" variety.  I got Star Wars episodes I, II, and III from my mom.  Truth be told, I’m surprised I didn’t have them already.  Then Kelsey got me Marvel Scene It.  I look foreword to playing that.  I think my friend Kailin might have gotten me something along those lines as well.
I love my cake.  It’s a strawberry cheesequake blizzard cake from, where else?  Dairy Queen.  Kristy was the one who decorated it, and she did an amazing job.  It says Happy Birthday Ashley on it, and get this.  There’s a sousaphone on it!  I was a bit worried about her messing it up because it’s so complex, but it is great.
So, nineteen years have come and gone… This past year has been great.  I graduated from high school, even if just barely.  Started attending NCTC, and made it through the year.  I made some great friends in the Pride band.  Had fun rocking out at hockey and football games.  The Bulbs and I made The Quilt.  I started working at the Dairy Queen, started testing my blood sugar again, and even managed to fall in love with a DC comic.  Don’t tell anyone.  This next year I hope to be a little more organized, maybe a little more in control.  I plan to stay on top of school, balance all my jobs, and even have a few moments for friends.  This summer I’m going to get all the music memorized for the first show, so I won’t have to worry about that.  Anyway, I look foreword to another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment