Thursday, August 12, 2010

Picky Eater


2-26-10
I am a picky eater.  It’s not like I have such refined taste buds or anything like that.  There’s just lots of foods I don’t like.  I guess you could say that I’m like a little kid.  I’ll eat mac and cheese, cheesburgers, peanut butter and jelly sandwitches, grilled cheese… the list goes on.
I will not, however, eat anything with bones in it.  Sorry, if I gross anyone out, but I simply can not be reminded that I’m eating an animal.  I like food with bones in it sometimes.  For example, I like chicken wings.  But for a long time I haven’t been able to eat things if they have bones.  It’s the same if my meat is pink.  I have to have everything well done, burnt if possible.  I also won’t eat anything that’s shaped like anything… like frog legs.
When I was younger I never had trouble eating vegtables.  I still don’t I guess.  I love broccolli and salads.  It’s just that I don’t quite eat as many as I should.  When I was a kid, however, I couldn’t get enough.  We’d go out to eat at a buffet and I’d come back with a plate full of broccolli covered with cheese.  I loved raw veggies with ranch.
So now in my adulthood, I basically consume the same sorts of food from day to day.  A lot of ramen soup!  I eat at Dairy Queen way more than I should because it’s easy to get something to eat before work.  I’ll eat Rice a Roni and TV dinners.  Pizza’s in there too.  I guess it’s safe to say that I do eat like a little kid.  I even have food phobias like children do.

No comments:

Post a Comment