Thursday, August 12, 2010

Loud Neighbors are so much Fun, aren't They?


5-13-10
We have crazy neighbors… and loud ones too.  The boys next to us play their music really loud and at weird hours.  I can hear their bass cranked up and going at two in the morning, sometimes later… or when I get off work and am trying to take a nap… or around ten when I’m trying to watch a movie.  I guess it really doesn’t bother me.  I’m sure we’re loud sometimes too.  Hopefully no where near that bad.  It’s to the point we can tell when they watch King of the Hill because we can hear the theme song play through the walls.  To be fair, we have thin walls.
Anyway, a while ago we heard them playing their music around four in the morning.  The next thing we know there’s a pounding at their door and we hear a man start yelling at them.  He said things like, "You’re in college right?  College is not fun time; College is time to grow up."  I’m not really sure what exactly they were talking about, but someone was obviously telling them to quiet down.  We also heard things like, "Are you threatening me?" and "Did I touch you?"
Then the lady from downstairs came up and said, "I have kids, you know." Then she went back downstairs for a bit.  It wasn’t long before she was back up again yelling at those stupid boys.  And I swear she was louder than they were!  She was screaming at them.  Telling them how they have been asked day in and day out to quiet down.  Then she started arguing how they didn’t need her name and information because they were the ones the complaint was against.  The whole thing was pretty entertaining to listen to.  I was very tempted to open the door and say, "Hey lady, you’re being louder than they were."  But I minded my own business.  Finally everyone went back to their own apartments and things quieted down.  Kelsey and I went out on our balcony for a bit.  The boys were outside too.  After a bit we went back inside, watched some Friends, and fell asleep.  By the way, these were the same boys as the drunk locked out of the apartment thing I blogged about a while ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment