Wednesday, August 11, 2010

People


1-29-10
People are funny.  I have all sorts of different kinds of connection with people.  There are those that I love- family and my closest friends.  People that I respect and admire.  People that I’d go to with problems looking for advice.  There are those that I’d invite over to my birthday party or to watch the super bowl.  I have acquaintances.  People I may or may not acknowlege in the hallways at school.  Then of course there are those that drive me insane.  People who everything they do has me resisting eye rolls.
I like feeling connected to people.  Most people do I guess.  Human nature, right?  It’s just funny though.  What makes me feel close to one person but not the next?  I love my friends.  I’d do anything for them.  I hope they know that.  Family’s a little different.  I have to love them.  I have no choice.  And sometimes a family memeber can do something that really throws you.  It can be something that makes you so mad you want to punch them in the face, but you love them anyway.  Even if I did something where I lost all my friends because of it… it would have to be something horrid because they’re all very close friends… but I’d still have my family.
I got a letter from my dad this morning, and it made me cry.  Mostly it was just advice about school, life, and that sort of junk.  Telling me to stay in school and eventually I’ll find the path that works for me.  I’m not sure why it affected me the way it did now that I think about it.  Words are funny that way too.  Correctly aranged on a piece of paper, they can inspire so much emotion.  I guess the letter was just a reminder of what family is and what it means.

No comments:

Post a Comment