Sunday, August 29, 2010

School Fever

Everyone's going to school, and it's starting to get me a little down.  I want to go to college.  I want to write a paper.  I want homework.  I'm not even joking.  It's pathetic.  Maybe it comes down to the theme that's been revolving around my life for a while:  I want a purpose.  I want something more out of life than going to work, coming home, and then going to bed.


I will go back eventually and get my dumb English major that I don't know what I'll do with yet.  But for now I just have to sit back and listen to friends talk about how much homework they have and their finals coming up... then I can laugh at them.  It's weird, but I kinda miss the adrenaline rush that comes from putting off a paper until the last minute.  I once started a seven page reserch paper at seven am the morning it was due.  I did the reserch and everything then too.  I'm such a procrastinator.


Okay, so I don't necessarily miss the boring reading assignments, and I know I definitely don't miss getting up early.  But I do miss writing papers.  I love the accomplished feeling that comes with getting an A or even a B on something.  I miss school supplies.  Every year I go out and buy fun new folders and notebooks, really fancy mechanical pencils, brightly colored pens to take notes, and a backpack if it's needed.  I love pretending to feel organized with all this crap.  I don't know, once I go back I'll probably wonder, why on earth did I miss this again?  But for right now it's just hard to watch all my friends skip off to class and not be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment