Thursday, August 12, 2010

Monopoly

2-23-10
Wife seizes all of husbands assets.  Daughter forces father into bankrupsy.  Best friends battle to buy each other out… Monopoly is probably the most vicious game out there.  One of the Parker Brothers said, "The magic of monopoly is in clobbering your best friend without doing any damage."
Monopoly is my favorite board game of all time.  I could probably play it every night if I could find people to play with.  My friends tire of it faster than I do.  We’re ridiculous when we get together and play though.  There’s lots of yelling and lots of cheating.  I’ll admitt I cheat a lot.  We made a rule once that it was okay as long as you don’t get caught.  If you did you had to go to jail.  We made a lot of rules like that.  I wish I could remember more of them.  I’m not allowed to be banker anymore because I always take more money for myself than I’m supposed to.  I don’t know though… they probably just don’t let me do that because they want to do the same thing.
I get such an addreneline rush from playing the game, especially if I win.  I love when I end up with hotels on Boardwalk and Park Place too.  Who doesn’t?  For some reason I also like getting the light blues.  I think they’re my lucky properties or something.  For the longest time I had never lost a game.  I think it was my junior year of high school when I first did.  That’s an awesome record.  Of course, since we cheat winning is really that hard to do, but then again every body cheats.
I think Monopoly has the coolest history of any board game too.  I mean, more fake monopoly money is made than real money for the US each year.  Then there’s all the different types of pieces Monopoly has gone through over the years, mostly because of wars.  They used wax and plastic pieces.  There have also been gold and chocolate sets.  They’ve played Monopoly on submarines and airplanes.  One game was even created by a university that used a city block and huge foam dice.  I think they used to use Monopoly games to smuggle real money and maps in POW camps as well.
I missed the days when we’d all get together and play Monopoly once a week.  I should call everyone up and see if they want to get together for a game.  I bet Alex and Mykel would be up for it.  Kelsey would probably too.  I don’t think Kayla’s ever played with us, and there might be some work involved with getting Kailin to play.  She hates Monopoly, but I don’t really see how that’s even possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment