Thursday, August 12, 2010

Video Games


2-22-10
My mother was always against video games in our house, and I suppose that was a good thing.  I’d probably be way more addicted to them then I already am.  And I guess I don’t waste all my time in front of a television set.  My video game craze comes in spurts.  It usually happens when I discover a new game or remember an old one.  Guitar hero is one that I really like.  There’s just one song I can’t quite get anywhere with on the expert level.  Anyway… my mom’s reason for not allowing video games in the house was because of all the hanging wires.  It was torture as a child; believe me.  Jake had the sega.  Jade had the Nintendo, and Wyatt had the playstation.  I think all three of them even had gameboys.  I don’t see why I couldn’t have had a gameboy.  There’s no wires there.
I did however manage to convince my mom to buy me a Wii for Christmas.  I am eternally grateful for that.  The only reason she agreed was because it would no longer be in her house.  I’ll be honest too.  I begged.  In fact I acted like a six year old… okay maybe not like a six year old but I did tell my mom how amazing the Wii was like once a week until Christmas.  It might be the second best Christmas gift I’ve ever gotten.  My guitar comes in first.
I really like playing Wii sports.  It was the only game I had for a while.  I look like an idiot while playing though because I hop around our living room.  I get really into it.  Target and Walmart were both out of Wii Fit when I went there to buy it, so I missed out on that for a while.  Instead I bought Super Mario World Wii instead.  It’s a lot of fun.  Just like the old school version only more modern.  There’s cooler power ups and better graphics.  So those are the two games I have.  I can only afford like one game every three months or so.
Oh yeah, with my game I also got a pink Wii remote… PINK!  How cool is that?  I suppose everything comes in different colors now a days, but I appriciated it just the same.  Once I save up a little more I’m going to buy a blue one and then a black one.  Hopefully the Wii fit will come in there soon too along with Mario Kart.  My roomate has Mario Kart for Game Cube so that can wait for a bit.  I also want band hero to go with my guitar hero addiction.
I guess I’m trying to fullfill my childhood with all things I’ve aquired since I’ve moved out.  I have a game console.  My mom never let me a have a mouse or hamster when I was little either.  I always wanted one, so that’s why I got Twink.  Then there’s the nerf gun I got from Kelsey for Christmas.  "Weapons" were never allowed in my house.  And I get where my mom is coming from with that one, even if they are just toys.  However, she did let me have a few squirt guns for water fights.  Anyway, my friends always had to leave their toy swords at the door if they came over with them.  I think that’s funny.  I wonder what I’ll end up getting next?

No comments:

Post a Comment