Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pamper


8-9-10
Yesterday was one of the best days I have ever spent alone.  I don’t get enough alone time.  Don’t get me wrong; I love spending loads of time with my friends and family it’s just every now and then I need sometime to myself.  Everybody does… or at least they should if they can squeeze it in somewhere.  Anyway, I decided that yesterday I was going to hold a home made spa day for just me.
I started with a nice warm bubble bath, which was really enjoyable and relaxing until the giant spider fell from the ceiling.  There I am enjoying my nice bath with my eyes cloths and I open my eyes just in time to see a spider fall into the tub.  I screamed "creepy" and hoped out of the tub in record time.  I fished it out with a dixie cup and hoped back in.  Unfortunately I couldn’t shake the feeling that another one was going to fall in, so I just got out.  It was still a pretty enjoyable experience.
Then I watched a the ending of Sweet Home Alabama while I used a mud mask.  It felt nice, but the mask stunk.  The good news is that I have no more black heads.  It was truely amazing and worked like a charm.  My face is still super smooth.  I gave myself a pedicure- complete with feet soaking and pumice stone.  I even painted my toe nails hot pink and teal.
After that I put on one of my new cute dresses I bought at Walmart and did my hair and make-up.  If you know me at all, I never wear make-up.  I think it’s a huge waste of time, but it was fun to doll myself up yesterday.  I just used some blush and eyeshadow.  Then I threw my hair up in a bun.  I thought it looked adorable.  I never do anything to my hair except for pony tails, but I think I might try the bun a little more often… especially since the weather is supposed to be amazingly hot all this week.
I ended the day with a really good frozen dinner of steak tips and mashed potatoes.  It tasted great, despite it being frozen.  And then I bought some really expensive ice cream to go with it.  I think I should have alone days more often.  Not necessarily all spa days, but maybe just to write, paint, quilt, watch a movie, or even walk the dogs.  It was really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment