Thursday, August 12, 2010

Marvel Vs. DC


4-9-10
This is definitely going to be one of my more geeky entries.  I suppose most of them say geek in some way or another though.  Well, actually now that I think about it, I do censor my geekiness on my blog some what.  Anyway, lately I have been really into Superman, which is weird for me.
When I first got into comic books, I only read Marvel.  For those of you who don’t know, Marvel is a company that makes comic books.  If you’ve ever heard of Stan Lee he’s the big Marvel guy.  They’re comic books include The Punisher, The Hulk, Dare Devil, Iron Man, and my personal favorite, X-men.  Obviously there’s more.  Anyway, DC is another brand of comic books that I used to despise.  I’m not sure why.  I guess I thought they were lame in comparison or something.  DC comics include Batman, Aquaman, The Green Lantern, Wonderwoman, and of course Superman.  I guess I thought that Marvel was cooler cause they lived in the real world.  Spiderman’s from New York.  X-men are from Winchester.  They don’t make up names like Gotham or Metropolis, which are obviously supposed to be Chicago and New York.
Anyway, something made me get into Superman.  I had already watched a few of the Batman movies and I really like some of them.  My favorite’s Batman Forever.  I love the Riddler.  Anyway, a few months ago I watched the first Superman movie.  It was pretty good.  Then about a month ago I watched Superman Returns.  The next day I went out and bought a Superman T-shirt.  And about a week ago I went out and bought the first four Superman movies.  So now I can officially call myself a comic book fan instead of just a Marvel fan.  Although, I have yet to read a DC comic book.  I’m sure I’ll go out and buy a Superman comic book shortly or maybe a Batman.  I think I’ll stick with those two for a while.  If I would have told myself a few years ago that I would become a Superman fan, I would not have believed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment