Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Stop the World I Want to Get Off


2-19-09
So much for my good hair day.  This semester is going too fast for me.  I can’t seem to focus or get caught up.  I was sick for a few days somewhere in there, and since then it’s just been downhill.  What I need is a little bit of motivation.  Something to just spark me back into place and get me going again.  I haven’t even had time to practice the tuba or play my guitar.  It’s crazy.  They just sit there in their cases, and it breaks my heart.  I know… I’m weird.
The words of Princeton from Avenue Q pop into my head at this time.  "What do you do with a BA in English?  What is my life going to be?  Four years of college and plenty of knowledge have earned me this useless degree…"  Liberal arts isn’t going to do me much good either.  I need to make a choice of where I want to go in life.  I’m thinking video production still, but recently I thought of mass communications.  A news room camera operator is much more practical than a cinematographer.  How many people even know what the hell that is?  Really people, it’s not that hard to figure out.  Anyway…
I just need to get back into the swing of things.  I don’t work on Sunday, so hopefully I can get myself some motivation and get caught up just in time to watch the Academy Awards.  I watch those every year, but I’m willing to record it to catch up with life.

No comments:

Post a Comment