Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Best Kind of Friend


2-20-10
As I lay curled
in a huge pathetic ball
on the couch,
paitent eyes stare at me
asking for permission.
I give the okay with a
pat on the seat and
four paws come flying up
to join me.
A big wet tongue laps up the
salty tears resting on my cheeks.
I can’t help but smile as I
curl up against him,
using his great big body
for a pillow.

He groans and readjusts
so he’s comfortable.
I reach up and scratch behind
his ears as a reward
for putting up with me.
Tears continue to
fall onto his
soft thick fur.
His soft brown eyes
stare into mine as he
checks to make sure
I’m okay.
"I love you, Blitzen,"
I whisper to him.
He snuggles in closer
and the two of us lay
together for a
while longer.
I must remember to
take him on a walk
to repay him for
making my day that
much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment