Thursday, August 12, 2010

Senses


4-26-10
People learn about the world around them with their senses.  This blog is just about my favorite things triggered by my senses, like what my favorite thing to look at is or what my favoirte noise is.
My favoite sight is probably the stars at night.  And yes, I realize that is a bit sterotypical, but I think they’re beautiful.  I could stare up at those tiny lights in the sky forever just thinking about anything- complicated stuff, stories, poems, or just life in general.  It’s very calming.
My favorite smell is the smell of ink coming off a notebook.  It’s hard to explain exactly what that smells like because the only way I know how to describe it is the smell of ink.  I’ve heard that the sense of smell is the strongest sense linked to memory, and I’d buy that.  Writing is my thearapy.  It’s what makes me feel good.  The smell of ink reminds me of that.
My favorite taste is a pomegranate.  It’s my favoirte fruit and could very well be my favorite food.  I haven’t quite decided yet.  I love that it’s sweet, but also a little bitter at the same time.  I like them best when they’re more ripe.  That’s when they are the sweetest.
My favorite sound is the sound of a guitar.  I prefer acoustic, but I like electric too.  It doesn’t matter if I’m the one playing or not.  I think it has something to do with the gentleness of it all.  It’s calming and relaxing.  Not to mention I just love music.  It reminds me of playing and the feeling I get when I play. 
My favorite touch is the feel of my blanket.  It feels cool against my skin and it’s really soft.  I like to run my fingers down the edges of it so I can feel just how soft it is.  At night I like the feel of it against my cheeks as I curl up with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment