Sunday, August 15, 2010

Bonk!!!


Nice picture, huh?  Yeah, we had our seventies day the other day at work.  You'd never guess that shortly before this picture was taken something horribly hilarious had happened.  The day started out pretty normal.  We were all dressed in our seventies outfits, ready for work.  The prep work got done, people came in to eat, and we served them.  After the big sixties birthday celebration though the seventies seemed a bit lame.  I am excited for the eighties though.

Anyway, this horrible yet slightly funny event happened when we ran out of rootbeer.  I don't know if anyone has tried to lift a keg before, but they can be kind of heavy.  My friend Alex can do it by himself... he's a beast.  Too bad he wasn't working that day.  So Kelsey I went to lift it into the fridge, and instead of that happened the carbonation tank fell and hit Kelsey on the head.  Those things are incredibly heavy.  I ran and got her the step ladder to sit down on and then fetched her some ice.  A big bump was starting to form and everything.

No one could figure out how to get the keg in the fridge.  I've done it a bunch of times too.  I wonder what the problem was.  Anyway, so my mom went out and found some stronger costumers and offered them free pop to help us lift it in there.  They got it no problem and all was well... except for Kelsey.

She had a headache and was feeling really dizzy.  I was really worried about her.  I made sure she didn't drive that day and took her to her mom's house to spend the night.  I think she might have had a concussion.  She's fine this morning though.  And I know this makes me a horrible best friend and everything, but now that I know she's okay I think it's kind of funny.  I'm sure it hot a lot.  I mean, those things are heavy, but how often does someone get bonked on the head with a CO2 tank?

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, I think it's funny too. You were a great best friend while it was going on. You got me the step ladder and ice after all.

    ReplyDelete