Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Brown Bag


1-12-10
I used to not have a problem with public speaking.  Now thought of it almost gives me an asthma attack.  I’m taking a speech class this semester that starts at 9:30.  That’s way too early for me… eleven is a good time to start school I think.
So the first assignment is the good old brown bag speech.  How many times have I done that one?  I do like that assignment though.  I think it’s interesting what people bring in or what they think is important about themselves.  Last semester I took speech too, only I ended up dropping it.  For that brown bag I brought in a nutcracker, a tuba mouthpiece, and a Wolverine pillow case.  My theme was how I am a geek.  I even quoted Barney, saying that everyone is special.
I wonder what to bring this semester.  Probably the same sort of thing… tuba mouthpiece or a guitar pick for my love of music.  I think I’ll bring in a journal or something to represent my love of writing.  I think in my junior year of high school I brought a pencil… or else it was a camcorder.  I don’t remember when my career goal of a film director switch to a writer.  Anyway… then something to show my geek side (not that the tuba doesn’t).  A comic book sounds good.  So three’s good, right?  Jen said 2-4.
I’ll have to suffer through speech class and make it until the end this semester.  I will not take it again.  There are also a few other classes I need to retake, but those aren’t as painful.  I would write about how I’m going to do better this semester, like I do at the start of every semester… but so far that’s all been empty promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment