Thursday, August 12, 2010

A New Place for Ideas


5-17-10
I used to think my best place for coming up with ideas was in the shower.  It still works and everything, but I’ve found something better.  At the Kegs in the morning when I’m doing my prep work, I’ve noticed that I’ve started writing stories.  That’s what I do.  I write everything in my head before it goes down on paper.  It keeps me from actually getting stuff accomplished sometimes.
Anyway, my morning prep work takes about forty-five minutes or so.  I plug in my ipod, put on my headphones, and began chopping and browning the meat for the sloppy joe.  Because I don’t need to focus on this because I’ve done it so many times, my mind is free to wonder.  Okay, to be fair my mind wonders whenever I do anything.  I write stories in my head while I’m walking Blizten, taking a shower, or sweeping up at Dairy Queen.  I wrote my entire story for creative writing last year during my Psych class… Anyway, the other day I started coming up with characters for my next story.  It would be about a girl who works at her parents drive-in.  Okay, the reason I may have came up with this one is due mainly to where I was at the time, but still.
But the point is, I have found a new place to come up with ideas.  It doesn’t seem that I get enough alone time anymore to just write.  I used to do my writing really late at night after everyone went to bed, but now I have roommates who stay up as late as I do.  And that’s no excuse though.  I could always shut myself up in my room I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment