Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Angels


Another holiday season has come to an end.  I got a pretty good haul this year as far as gifts go.  My favorite by far is the Wii fit.  Penny got treats from Charlee and Blitzen.  I think my mom liked all her gifts too.  God, I love Christmas.  I think it's because of all the traditions.  My favorite by far is looking for the angles that my papa hides around the house.

They came from a tree ornament that broke once.  They're just two tiny angels, slightly over an inch tall.  One of them is blue and one of them is pink.  All he does is hide them in plain sight, but sometimes they are so hard to find.  It can drive one crazy if they can't find it, espeically when the rest of the family is saying, "Oh, I found them."  You're not supposed to give hints to where they are, but it happens occasionally.  Papa usually won't give hints, but my grandma will.  She won't tell you exactly where they are, but if she knows you can usually get what room they're in out of her.

She hide them for the first time in my memory this year.  That's never happened, but she picked a good spot.  I found the pink one right away, but for the life of me I didn't know where the blue one was.  All through Christmas dinner, my eyes were darting around the room looking for that stupid little thing.  Finally my grandma says, "You're not very far from it."  Turns out it was hiding in the center piece on the table.  You have to give me credit though, it was on the opposite side so I couldn't see it.

This tradition has been going as long as I can remember... before I was born even.  I think it was started when my cousin Rachel was a little girl.  I wish I knew how it started.  My grandma doesn't know, but I don't think I've ever asked my papa.  He probably doesn't remember either.  After all, does anyone know how most traditions started?  But yeah, the angels are one of my favorite parts of Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment