Monday, December 6, 2010

Puppy's First Christmas 2010

I'm sitting here writting my blog with a ridiculous looking, green and red, elf hat that has a bell on the end.  That can only mean one thing.  Christmas is here!  Now, I'll tell you time and time again that my favorite holiday is either April Fool's Day (For me it's a holiday) and Halloween.  But I absolutely love Christmas!  I love all the traditions- decorating the tree while listening to Christmas music, making cookies at papas, finding the angels...

Tonight my mom and I decorated the tree and I got most of my mom's presents wrapped.  There's still one more gift I want to get for under the tree, but I still have plenty of time.  Poor Penny is a little confused.  She was sniffing at the wrapped presents completely unsure of what they are.  There's no way they're going under the tree this year.  They'll just get ripped open and torn into peices.  I guess one year my grandma wrapped some dog treats up and put them under the tree.  When they came home the dog had wripped open everything looking for the treats.  Penny's also eating tinsel.  I'm not sure if she managed to swallow any of it, but I really hope she doesn't get sick or anything.

Penny seems to like winter well enough.  She's so cute in the snow- sniffing it and pushing it around with her nose.  Then she bounces in and out of the snow drifts as her short little legs sink into the snow pile.  I think I'll get her feet some little booties so she can play out in the snow longer.  She seems like she's having so much fun.  I think it would be fun to get all three of them out in the snow together.  I wonder how my Papa would feel about the three of them tearing through his back yard.  It's not like there's a lawn to mess up at this point.

I'm really looking foreward to this holiday season.  I mean, I practically have all my shopping done and now I just have to enjoy all the traditions and the family get togethers.  I'm hoping Penny does fine with the rest of it.  She and Charlee are having fun tearing apart an empty wrapping paper tube at the moment.  As long as it keeps her from opening tinsel.  And as long as she doesn't get into the presents or anything everything should be fine.  Maybe I should go get her picture taken with Santa.

No comments:

Post a Comment