Thursday, December 23, 2010

Driving

I had my first official dilervy shift today.  I've covered a couple of other people's shift before, but this one was all mine.  For those of you who don't know, I started a Jimmy John's not too long ago.  It's a pretty good job, and I'm really happy with it.  I'm getting the hours I need and the pay is good.  Not to mention everything's pretty easy when you get the hang of it.  It's a fun atmosphere too.

Anyway, I like delivering... when I can find the place.  Some apartment complexes are crazy and I end up driving around in circles.  I haven't got stiffed on any order yet so I guess I can't be too bad.  Since it's the holiday season the traffic is crazy though and we're so busy.

Driving.  I don't actually like driving a car.  I'd much rather be a passenger.  It didn't always used to be that way.  One time a friend got into a car accident.  It wasn't even that bad, but I was in the car and late for where I needed to go.  Now I always feel like if something like that happens I want someone else to be responsible for me being late.  It's not like that keeps me from driving places though.  I still go to work, friends, wherever.

One of my favorite things to do is just aimlessly drive around.  I used to do that quite a bit with Kailin and Kelsey, especially if one of us was feeling down.  We'd just drive around listening to the radio and talking.  Usually at night.  One time Kelsey got pulled over.  She got so nervous the cop thought she was drunk or something and made her do a sobriety test outside of the car.  I thought it was funny.  I really miss those days.  I also miss Midnight Madness.  It's a game that the Red River theatre guild played.  We had teams that piled into cars and drove around town looking for clues like a great big scavenger hunt.  I would get really into it.  My friend Stacie ran over poor Kailin's ankel one year though.  I'm thinking it was our sophomore year.  She was okay though.  She just was limping for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment