Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Flashback Poetry.

Well, I could not for the life of me think of what to blog about.  I was thinking about doing a freewrite, but usually when I do those they turn out way random and no one can follow them anyway.  So I dug through some old journals and notebooks of mine and found some poems I wrote.


Here's a poem I wrote while I was busy failing my way through college.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I wrote this one during one of my classes- Humanities I think.  I was pretty sure life sucked and was pointless at the time.  This was before depression had completely taken over though and I just fantasized about letting it consume me.


I lie in bed and stare at the ceiling.
Drops of regret lie in
puddles on top my pillow
as sunlight leaks in
through closed blinds-
meant to shut out the world.


How did I get this way?
Too exhausted to pull
myself out of bed.
Too logical to put
it all to a painless end.


School books lie ignored
in stacks as loads of
homework build up-
crushing me under its wait.
Weeks of laundry litter the floor
like mountains too big to climb.
Even guitars sit-
neglected in silence.


Nothing seems worth the effort.
Time feels frozen
Yet I know it passes.
It is marked by unanswered phone calls,
hunger pains, and sleep cycles.

1 comment:

  1. Your poem is really awesome. Like, really really really awesome.

    ReplyDelete