Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Laundry Day

There is nothing I hate more than laundry day.  Maybe I wouldn't mind it so much if I had a free washer and dryer to use in my apartment that I could use every other day or so whenever I wanted.  But unfortunately I do not.  Instead I have to wait until I have a day off, which usually comes once a week, and then I drag it all over to my grandparents so I can do laundry without paying two dollars a load.  Maybe it wouldn't be such a big deal if I didn't miss some weeks.  I swear, I let laundry build up until it becomes mountains.

I love Tuesdays.  They are my day off.  My day to do whatever is that I need/want to do.  Usually Tuesdays are my day to play catch up on all the things I didn't get done in the week, like laundry or just cleaning my bathroom.  Lots of times I use Tuesdays to watch the Vlogbrother videos from the week before.  I miss having three days off a week to do whatever, but with working two jobs it doesn't really work out that way.  Don't get me wrong, it's my choice to work as much as I do.  I enjoy the money, but I wouldn't mind a little more me time.

So now I'm just sitting at my grandparents waiting for my last few loads of laundry to be done.  I hate that it takes so long.  My grandma would tell me it takes so long because I pack the thing so full, but I think doing that extra load would take just as long as the way I do it.  I should time it one day.  Or get together with my friends and hold the laundry olypics.  Have races to see who can get it done the fastest or fold the neatest.  At the very least it would make laundry interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment