Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Writer's Slump

Wow, it has been a long time since my last blog.  I tell myself sometimes that I'd like to blog at least once a week.  Maybe even a little more, like five blogs a month.  But that never seems to happen, which is sad because writing of any kind greatly reduces my stress level.  There are some stories I've got going on, but I'm kinda stuck.  I'm not sure if it's writer's block or just some serious ADD going on.  I can't get myself to sit at the computer and just write.


These are the times I miss creative writing class.  Write a poem or fail the class.  I've been told I should join a writing group, which I like that idea but a lot of times I don't feel like I'd fit in.  I feel like the people in writing groups would have so much more life experiences than me and there stories would be so much more involved.  I mostly write about depressed teenagers with social problems.


I just need to find the motivation.  I don't even know where to look for it.  Inspiration isn't the problem as of late.  I have about five or so ideas that I think would make solid short stories, maybe even something longer.  But do they exist in written form yet?  Nope, just in my head.  I'd like to be able to say that I have no time to write.  After all, I work about forty-five hours or so a week.  But I can't even do that because even though I work non-stop four days a week I am free the majority of those other three days.  So I guess the solution is to just buckle down and simply write.  Maybe even schedule it in for a while until it becomes a habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment