Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snow and Game Night

I was delivery driving yesterday.  As I've said before, I really enjoy it.  But I hate driving in winter, especially when it's hard to get my car moving through snow and over ice.  Now, yesterday it really wasn't that bad out, but I sill ended up stuck in a snow bank.  The best part is though I didn't drift in there or slide in there.  I just drove right straight into it.  Why?  Because I could not for the life of me see where the road was.  There was just a bright white blanket of snow over everything and it made everything look flat instead of looking like there was a giant snow bank to my right.


The last delivery I had in my car was across the street, so I decided to run it over on foot.  That's true dedication for you, considering it was across a busy street and I had to trudge through a ditch.  But I figured I could get it there quicker than if another driver came and picked it up from me and then drove it over there.


Some co-workers, along with the help of a nice man whom I assume works for Maple View, came and shoveled/pushed me out.  It took some effort because I was on ice and my tires kept spinning.  I keep thinking about going to pick up some kitty litter or something in case this happens again.  Putting a shovel in my trunk would also be an excellent idea!  I need to get an ice scraper too because Holly broke mine.  She was using it as a shovel and it got caught under the tire.


After I got off work a couple of co-workers and I got together for game night.  It was fun, and I really hope we do it again.  If we play Pictionary again though I don't think Kristine and I will be allowed on the same team.  We were totally in sync with each other and kicked some serious butt.  I also just kept guessing stuff until I got something right.  I must have guessed hula dancer about twenty different times. Over all it was a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment