Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Star Trek

Let me start off by saying (well, writing) that I do not consider myself a Trekkie in any way shape or form at this moment in my life.  It is possible I'm heading there though.  We'll see.  As most of you probably know I have been proudly calling myself a geek for years now.  I consider it a large part of who I am.  But how can I say that I'm a geek if I've never seen a single episode of Star Trek in my life?  So to maintain my title "geek" I have set out to watch not just one, but the entire set of star trek episodes.  In total there are thirty seasons.  My new years resolution, among other things, is to watch all of them by the end of 2011.  Should be a geektastic year.


It's weird that I've never watched them before.  I'm only a little ways into the original series and I already am in love with it.  I have a tendency to fall in love with cult classics though.  Any one who knows me knows I love Rocky Horror picture show.  So maybe I won't get into the other series very much, even though they're supposed to be the good ones.


I'll admit I don't understand all of it.  My brain's just starting to get used to the science fiction universe.  I mean, I can grasp the concept of Gambit and his kinetic energy abilities but when it comes to worm holes and other galaxies it takes me a while to fully understand what they're talking about.  It could also be my lack of understanding for anything scientific.  In school I never liked science or math much, at least not when it started to get kinda hard.


I'm happy I finally discovered it though after twenty-years of showing no interest what so ever, but like I said I'm not a Trekkie.  Star Trek fan/newbie?  Yes.  So there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment