Monday, October 4, 2010

My Babysitting Adventure

I got to babysit Melody today.  She's the one that I wrote about being born in August.  Oh my gosh is she adorable, even when she won't stop crying.  It was only for a little while so her mom could go to an dentist appointment.  Apparently I'm Melody's first babysitter outside of the family.  I feel honored.  In fact, I was actually pretty excited to get to be someone's first babysitter.

Once her mom left, I took her out of her seat and let her kick lying on her blanket on the floor.  It was the blanket I made for her.  Now, I don't know too much about babies and their development, but I think she can kick pretty darn well for only being two months old.

Poor Penny.  She wasn't sure what to think.  I mean, she'd never seen a baby before.  At first she started growling and barking a bit, but then I let her sniff Melody a little bit.  I was very careful to make sure Penny didn't hurt her, and Melody didn't seem to mind... until Penny gave her a kiss on the cheek.  That's when she stopped crying and wouldn't stop.

So I picked Melody up off the floor and started lightly bouncing as I walked around the room.  She pretty much screamed the whole time with little breaks in between.  She was sucking on her hand, and it seemed like she was hungry.  But I could not get her to take her bottle.  I found out that she likes it better when you hold her upright instead of laying down in the crook of your arm.  Finally her mom came home, and she got her to eat.

Even though she cried the whole time, I can't wait to do it again.  I mean, babies cry all the time.  Penny's a cure for my baby fever, but being around Meldoy made it slightly flair up again.  I guess I just have to keep reminding myself that now is just not the right time for me.  I'm not capable of handling a baby on my own right now, but definitly some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment