Monday, October 11, 2010

The World's Greatest Invention is the Grandparent

Grandparent's are amazing aren't they?  Well, mine are at least.  I mean, they've babysat me when I was little a whole ton and I was kind of a brat.  They've given me so much over the years- food, a ton of awesome Christmas presents, gas, money just for the heck of it, musical tickets, printer paper, scotch tape, scrap fabric... And then so much more than that, like all the cheesy stuff you can't hold and touch like love and junk.  And I can't even count the amount of times I've gone over there saying, "Grandma, can you feed me?"  Of course they always do.


The other day my car ran out of gas just in time to be late for work.  I called my papa from a near by school and asked if he could bring me some gas.  I thought he was going to be really crabby about it because he's German and can just get that way sometimes.  But he just goes, "Well you can't drive a car without gas, Ashley."  It made me laugh.  I waited in my car until he came to the rescue with his gas can.  After we got some gas in it so I could get to work.  He asked me if I had money.  I never have money, so he gave me twenty bucks, which I put in my tank after I was done with work.


I love them.  They give so much of their time to help me with the little things.  Like let's say I need a pair of pants fixed up for work and I need them in ten minutes.  My grandma will take them down to her basement and sew patches on some jeans so I look like a hippie for sixties day.  If I'm stranded somewhere and need a ride and no one else is available, my papa will come get me.  I'm writing this to let you know how much I appreciate you and all that you've done.  I am so grateful and I love you both so much.  Thanks for always being there when I need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment