Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Trixie

I haven't written about my new car yet!  Ever since I was little, I've wanted a Beetle.  We went on a lot of car trips and the "slug bug" game was a favorite of mine.  Only we used to say "bug bug beetle bug no bugs back."  That's because some little kid in our family couldn't say it right.  That could have been me.  Anyway, it was one of my five dream cars, and now that dream has been made a reality... as long as I make all my car payments and it doesn't get taken away.

As you may have guessed, Sheryl broke down.  She was my first car- a grand am that was handed down to me by my mother.  Although, Sheryl never really belonged to me since my mom payed for the thing and it stayed in her name.  But my new Bug is my first real car.  It's a 2005 black one.  And I'm completely in love with it.  It makes delevery driving so much easier when I have a car that actually works.  And the gas millage doesn't hurt anything either.  It's so small I can park almost anywhere.  When I drive it feels like I'm driving in some huge bubble.  The back seat isn't very big, but my friend Sarah tells me it can seat one person quite nicely without feeling too cramped.

I went through a lot to come up with the name Trixie.  It's sort of after my favorite character from Harry Potter, Bellatrix Lestrange... but only sort of.  A friend of mine wanted me to name her Bellatrix, but I said it didn't fit.  The car just isn't totally crazy with a very strong evil side.  I went through a bunch of other names too- Zoey, Betty, Beatrice... Then one day I came up with Trixie, and I really liked it.  It eventually came down to a choice between Scooter and Trixie, but Scooter, as cute of a name as it may be, just didn't fit.  I decided later that Trixie could be short for Bellatrix.

As much as I love my car, I am worried for winter.  I can't imagine that bugs do great on ice.  A guy that came in to the Kegs one day told me to get these special tires and I should do just fine.  I also don't want to get stuck.  I mean, Trixie is pretty low to the ground.  But I love it, and I hope it lasts me a long time.  Right now I can't imagine having any other car besides a Bug for my entire life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment